As a player, you feel frustrated when you are sort of your playing partner. To get out of this situation, you actually need a table tennis robot, which is a great way to fulfill your wish at your will. If you are thinking of buying a robot, the name of the iPong V300 should come to your mind first. IPong V300 is a budget-friendly table tennis robot, but in terms of functionality, it is very close to the robots priced much higher.
Let’s go to the detailed review
Specifications of iPong V300
- Ball holding capacity: 100
- Ball feeding capacity: 90/ minute
- Wireless remote
- Digital display
- Options for both topspin and backspin
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Size: 19” x 11” (48 x 28 cm)
- AC adapter
- Tilt stand
- Warranty: One year
- Designed in the USA and made in China
Technology Behind iPong V300 Robot
The iPong V300 robot consists of three main parts, one core engine, one agitator, and two top/bottom assemblies. It is very easy for you to assemble the three parts following the guideline provided in the package. Add balls and set the type of ball, that’s all. Now you are ready to play with your iPong V300 robot.
iPong V300 has two wheels, an upper wheel, and a lower wheel. The technology behind the ball’s speed, spin, and trajectory is the spinning of wheels.
For spinning of upper wheel > Spinning of lower wheel ⟹ Topspin
Upper wheel spinning < Spinning of lower wheel ⟹ Backspin
The spinning of upper wheel = Spinning of lower wheel ⟹ No-spin
Functions of iPong V300
You will find four functions in the wireless remote.
- Frequency: It is the shooting out rate of balls by the robot. Number (1) is the lowest shooting out rate whereas, at number (8), the V300 robot shoots out balls at the highest rate.
- Oscillation: This function is to place the ball at random locations on the table. It ranges from 1 (lowest) to 8 (highest) where the side-by-side motion of the iPong is the maximum. This is a great way by which you can practice forehand and backhand strokes simultaneously.
- Topspin: For topspin, adjust the setting according to preference. If the ball fails to clear the net, experiment with an incremental increase of backspin to fix the setting for bouncing the ball on the other side of the table.
- Backspin: Like topspin, in backspin, you have to adjust the settings according to your wish. If the ball goes off the table, decrease backspin incrementally to fix the final setting.
You can increase or decrease the rate of any of the four functions by just pressing the (+) or (-) buttons on the left and right sides of the remote. There is also a memory button to add your favorite settings.
About the Manufacturer
“iPong” is a category of training equipment under the brand name JOOLA. JOOLA has subcategorized the training products like robots, table tennis ball catch net, and table tennis training balls under the category “iPong”. The iPong robots like iPong Trainer Motion, iPong V300, and iPong Original robot are very popular among table tennis learners.
Positives of JOOLA iPong V300
- Small and lightweight
- Easy to use
- Easy to assemble
- It is very easy to change the position of the robot on the table
- Works with both 40 mm and 40+ ping pong balls
Negatives of JOOLA iPong V300
- Occurrence of ball jamming if not handled properly
How to care for the JOOLA iPong V300 robot
- Clean balls after regular intervals. The ball will attract dust from the floor and damage the functionality of your robot.
- Keep the iPong robot inside a box to keep it away from dust.
- Clean the wheels frequently for the smooth running of the robot.
- Why is the ball shooting out with no spin?
When topspin and backspin are set the same in the wireless remote, balls shoot out with no spin.
2. Why are balls (the last few) not shooting out?
It indicates that you have to reload balls again.
3. What to do when a ball is jammed inside the iPong V300?
First, unplug the robot and then take out the jammed ball manually.
- Avoid turning off the robot with the ball entry hole and agitator round hole in the same alignment.
- Load ping pong balls with recommended limit (60-100)
- Before loading balls, you have to make sure that topspin and backspin settings are at least “1” or higher.
Also Check: 1. “iPong Trainer Motion Table Tennis Robot Review“