JOOLA Tour 1800 table tennis table, the second-best performer of the Tour series, has an optimum balance between performance and price. It lies in between the other two models, the Tour 1500, a purely recreational ping pong table, and the tournament-grade Joola Tour 2500.
JOOLA Tour 1800 offers exciting features for recreational play to taste the flavor of ping pong with your friends and family members. It also gives the opportunity to serious beginners to experiment with serves and occasional practice to build up consistency.
This indoor table has received very positive customer reviews on Megaspin and is available at a very lucrative price of 600 dollars, just $50 more than the Tour 1500.
JOOLA Tour 1800 Ping Pong Table: Highlights
|JOOLA Tour 1800
|9 ft x 5 ft x 2.5 ft
|25” (L) x 63.5” (W) x 62” (H)
|18 mm (¾”)
|Screw-on Clamp System
|1.5” (40 mm)
|1.5” x 1.5” (40 mm x 40 mm)
|No. of Wheels
|Storage & Portability
|15 Minutes (Approx.)
|Anti-tilt Safety latch, lockable wheels
|$599.95 on Megaspin
JOOLA Tour 1800: Review
The tabletop of the Tour 1800, JOOLA’s one of the top-selling models, is made with MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). It consists of two separate blue-colored 18 mm thick (¾”) table halves. Though an 18 mm top is not as good as a 25 mm tabletop, it gives good enough bounce for recreational play. Moreover, to enhance the smoothness and bounce uniformity, the tabletop is painted with multilayer coating, the outer layer of which has UV screen printing.
To support the tabletop, the JOOLA Tour 1800 is equipped with a 40 mm (1.5”) powder-coated steel frame. The powder coating provides a shield from wear and tear whereas the sturdy steel apron gives the support to prevent the tabletop from sagging in the long run.
It is a two-piece design ping pong table. Each half has its trolley consisting of 40 mm (1.5”) square powder-coated steel legs. Each leg is auto-foldable to restrict you from any manual action. The undercarriage structure of the Tour 1800 is very good as per industry standards.
Storage and Portability
The two-half table design is advantageous for nesting the halves into a compact, foldable shape to store them within a small space.
The folded tables can then easily be glided to the desired storage locations with the help of 3” caster wheels attached to the legs. The two-piece design helps to move each table half separately with a little effort. Being a lightweight table of 188 lbs, the Tour 1800 is good in terms of portability.
The Tour 1800 model has great safety features that keep you away from accidents during play and storage conditions.
There are double spring-loaded anti-tilt safety devices beneath the table halves. The locking mechanism of the safety latches helps to keep the table half in an upright position during folded or playback positions.
Each wheel has a locking mechanism so that you can feel secure during play or storage position.
There are corner protection pads that are beneficial to keep children safe against sharp table corners.
Other Supportive Facilities
One of the major concerns is the alignment of a table tennis table on an uneven surface. For that, it has the arrangement of height adjusters under the legs. You have to manually adjust the height by rotating the screw in the clockwise or anti-clockwise direction.
It supports playback facilities to hone your skills when you are a sort of playing partner. This can be done by rebounding the ball against one fixed upright table half.
JOOLA Tour 1800 is equipped with a good quality screw-on type net and posts. The clamps help to keep the two table halves in a perfectly aligned condition.
The minimum assembly time is a unique advantage of JOOLA and STIGA’s tables. The Tour 1800 is not an exception. It comes in almost assembled condition, only you need to attach the legs by tightening 8 bolts.
The investment plays a significant role in the selection process. The price of the JOOLA Tour 1800 is $599.95 on Megaspin which is considerably lower compared to equally good tables of other reputed brands.
JOOLA Tour 1800: Positives
- Quick Assembly: Easy and quick set-up within 15-20 minutes
- Smooth Finished Tabletop: Multilayer coatings with smooth MDF surface enhance the quality of bounce
- Sturdy Undercarriage: Powder-coated steel frame and legs provide good support and prevent any type of damage for years to come
- Foldable and Compact Storage: The compact nested table halves require less storage space.
- Easy to Move and Handle: Due to the two-piece design, it is easier to move each table half separately from the playing area to the storage location and vice versa.
- Presence of height adjusters: They help for right alignment on uneven surfaces and also keep your floor free from scratches.
- The playback facility gives you the advantage of practicing alone when you have no playing partner.
- Safe and Reliable: The anti-tilt safety devices and lockable caster wheels ensure safety during play and storage
- Tournament grade net and posts
- Affordable and Value for money
JOOLA Tour 1800: Negatives
- Not suitable for tournaments: Only 25 mm tables are considered for tournaments to ensure the best playing conditions.
- Having 4” wheels would be more convenient for transportation.
JOOLA United Pro 18 is the perfect alternative with nearly similar features. It also has an 18 mm tabletop with the same undercarriage configurations. The only differences are the color of the top is gray instead of blue and the arrangement of hollow corners for ball storage. There is also an additional facility for counting scores during play.
- “JOOLA Tour 1800 Vs 2500: Which is Better for You?“
- “Top 6 Best Ping Pong Tables Under $500“
- “The Price List of 15 Best Ping Pong Tables in 2023: Quality Meets Affordability!“
The Tour 1800 is a great mid-level ping pong table that bridges the gap between a high-quality competition table and a 15” recreation table. The indoor table has a higher benefit-cost ratio with a balanced combination of performance and portability.
If you are thinking of an ideal table for your home to enjoy ping pong with your friends and family members, the JOOLA Tour 1800 is an excellent option to fulfill your requirements in a budget-friendly manner without sacrificing performance.