JOOLA Rally TL 700 is a full-size indoor table tennis table with a 25 mm thick MDF charcoal tabletop that gives you the taste of a tournament-grade board. This affordable but quality table tennis table is very popular on Amazon with a score of 4.6/5 out of nearly 1400 ratings.
If you are searching for a table only for recreation to enjoy ping pong in your home with your family members and friends, then any of the two other models, JOOLA Rally TL 500 (JOOLA Motion 18) with 18 mm (¾”) table thickness or JOOLA Rally TL 300 (JOOLA Motion 15) with 15 mm (⅝”) thick tabletop can suffice your requirements.
- Table Thickness: 15 mm (⅝”)
- Tabletop Material: MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
- Frame: 50 x 50 mm (2” x 2”)
- Frame Material: Steel
- Leg Size: 1.5” x 1.5″
- Leg Material: Powder-coated Steel
- Wheel Diameter: 3”
- No. of wheels: 8
- Weight: 246.4 lbs
- Play Position: 108” x 60” x 30″
- Playback Position: 66” L x 60” W x 63” H
- Storage Position: 24” L x 63” W x 63” H
- Independent Table Halves
- Automatic folding legs
- Leg levelers for height adjustment
- Lockable wheels
- Safety latch system
- 95% preassembled
- 15 minutes assembly time
Net and Posts
- Screw system Net and Posts
- Net length: 72”
Overview of JOOLA Rally TL 700 (JOOLA Motion 25)
JOOLA Rally TL 700 (JOOLA Motion 25) has the thickest tabletop in the Rally series that gives the pressure of a competition-level table tennis table. You also have the option to go for a lighter version for your home or office with a 15 mm or 18 mm tabletop.
25 mm (1”) Tabletop
JOOLA Rally TL 700 has a 25 mm MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) charcoal tabletop with a multi-layer painted surface for a good and uniform bounce of the ball. The smooth MDF outer surface is finally silkscreen painted to bring precision to the quality of the surface for your ultimate pleasure.
The tabletop is supported by a strong 50 mm x 50 mm steel frame for a solid base that prevents the tabletop from sagging for years to come.
Separate Table Halves
This full-size ping pong table can be separated into two equal halves that have automatic folded 1.5” powder-coated steel legs and eight 3” caster wheels. The table halves can be nested together to a very compact shape that can be easily glided to the desired location with the help of caster wheels.
Each leg has a rubber leveler that can be manually adjusted by a clockwise or anti-clockwise rotation to level the playing surface. Also, the provision of rubber at the bottom of the leg keeps your floor free from scratch.
Minimum Assembly Time
One hectic task that people are worried about is assembling the segmented parts of a newly received ping pong table. To relieve you from anxiety, this table comes in a 95% preassembled condition. You have to only fix the caster wheels with legs by only bolting 8 nuts.
Solo Playback feature
When you are sort of playing partners, the solo playback feature of JOOLA Rally TL 700 (JOOLA Motion 25) keeps you in play. You can fix one half of the table vertically against the other and then rebound the ball against the vertical half to add consistency to your game.
- There are safety latches on the underside of each half of the table to keep the table secured during storage and solo practice.
- Each caster wheel has the provision of a locking mechanism to prevent free movement during play.
- A tournament-grade net and posts are included in this table. You can easily attach the net just by tightening the screws against the table. There is also a rope fixed with the net for maintaining the proper tension and height of the net.
- There is a provision to keep balls in 4 ball-holders fixed at each corner of the table. You can keep a maximum of 3 balls at a time in each ball holder.
- Two abacus scorekeepers are also a nice addition to keep track of scores during matches.
Positives of JOOLA Rally TL 700
- 25 mm (1”) thick tabletop for a perfect bounce of the ball
- Strong and sturdy steel frames for solid support of tabletop
- Easy movement of the nested table halves is possible with the help of caster wheels.
- The space required for storage is greatly reduced due to the compact shape of nested table halves
- 15-20 minutes assemble time
- A very trusted brand like JOOLA
- Affordable compared to the other reputed brands.
- USATT approved
Negatives of JOOLA Rally TL 700
- It would be more advantageous to have bigger caster wheels.
- Absence of protective corners
JOOLA Rally TL 700 Vs JOOLA Rally TL 500 Vs JOOLA Rally TL 300
Though the appearances of all three models of JOOLA Rally TL are the same, there are some differences among them.
- While the thickness of the tabletop is 25 mm (1″) for JOOLA Rally TL 700, the thickness is 18 mm (3/4″) for JOOLA Rally TL 500, and for JOOLA Rally TL 300, it is 15 mm (5/8″).
- The frame size for JOOLA Rally TL 700 is 50 mm x 50 mm. For JOOLA Rally TL 500 and 300, the frame size is 40 mm x 40 mm and 30 mm x 30 mm respectively.
- The weight of the JOOLA Rally TL 700, 500, and 300 models are 246.4 lbs., 213 lbs., and 148.5 lbs. respectively.
JOOLA Rally TL 700 is a good option to have a table tennis table in your home not only for recreation but also for serious practice to advance further. But if you consider a table only for recreation to enjoy ping pong with your family members and others, JOOLA Rally TL 500 or JOOLA Rally TL 300 are better options with lower price brackets.
There are also other alternatives that you will find in my article, “Best Ping Pong Tables 2021: A Complete Review”