STIGA Raptor, a quality premade Shakehand table tennis racket is specially designed for intermediate and advanced players. The combination of the composite extra light blade, premium rubber, and unique concave pro handle gives the optimum performance needed for aggressive players.
- Blade: 5-ply wood + 2 layers of carbon
- Rubber: STIGA’s S5 rubber
- Rubber Type: Inverted
- Sponge: 2.0 mm thick
- Handle: Concave (Flared)
- Speed – 99
- Spin – 100
- Control – 80
- Style: Shakehand
- Approval: ITTF
Construction of STIGA Raptor
STIGA Raptor is very similar to STIGA Pro Carbon in features. This racket is for aggressive players with a much higher speed rating (99) than the control (80).
The blade of the STIGA Raptor consists of 5-ply balsa wood with 2 carbon layers. STIGA has used crystal technology to harden the surface of the blade for increased power. The lightweight, soft, porous, springy balsa wood increases reaction time and the capability to generate spin.
The carbon layer is always added to the blade composition with the purpose of gaining more power. The carbon layers increase the rigidity and stiffness of the Raptor blade which enhances the sweet spot. Due to the larger sweet spot, this blade has a larger area to hit the ball with more power but lacks vibration and feeling.
STIGA S5 Rubber
STIGA Raptor comes with inverted S5 rubber with 2.0 mm sponge thickness. The sponge thickness plays a very important role in prioritizing either speed or control. As a thumb rule, the thinner the sponge, the more will be control over speed, and in reverse thicker sponges have more speed and less control. A 2.0 mm sponge is on the higher side of thickness to give more speed.
STIGA uses ACS technology to induce microscopic air capsules in the rubber for more elasticity with higher speed and good control. Also, there is the incorporation of one another technology, i.e. Nano Composite Technology to make stronger and tighter bonds in the rubber. This enhances speed and spins to a great extent.
Concave Pro Handle
The Raptor racket has a flared type handle for Shakehand grip with a slight modification to make it more effective which is named “Concave Pro”. STIGA uses its WRB technology to make the racket more balanced and lighter. The terminology of WRB is:
W: Weight Balance, R: Rate of Recovery, B: Ball Sensitivity
STIGA Raptor Performance
The manufacturer’s rating shows the Raptor has been designed to deliver massive speed and spins. It also offers decent command over control to provide consistency in your game. Overall, it’s a very fast offensive racket that works great for looping and smashing but requires decent skills to handle it.
Positives of STIGA Raptor
- STIGA Raptor is a top-level premade racket for attackers. The incorporation of high-end technology along with the carbon layer can generate the high amount of speed that an attacker would love to produce in the game. Moreover, the huge sweet spot makes it easy to play attacking shots by a larger area of the racket.
- The combination of springy wood and 2.0 mm thick rubber can generate massive spin. Also, the tacky STIGA S5 rubber helps you add more spin to your soft strokes.
- The Raptor has been crafted with a high level of precision and accuracy.
- This racket is ITTF-approved, which allows you to use the racket in tournaments.
- Lastly, it is for a trusted brand like STIGA that has been producing quality table tennis equipment over the years.
Negatives of STIGA Raptor
- Not suitable for the use of beginners
If you are an attacking player who wants to use a premade racket, this STIGA Raptor is a good option to sharpen your skills.
Suggested Topic: “STIGA Raptor Vs Pro Carbon: Which is Better?“